How do I generate a PDF to download?
Futureproofs allows you to generate a downloadable PDF for any Master proof.
Generating a downloadable PDF
- Display the list of proofs for your project by hovering over it and selecting the Details button.
- Click the Actions button on the right, next to your desired proof.
- Select the Generate PDF (or Regenerate PDF, as here) option in the menu. You will see a dialog asking if you're sure you want to do this.
- Once you click Confirm, you will be shown a confirmation message.
Dismissing this message (by clicking Dismiss) will return you to the dashboard. You should see a new orange icon next to the Actions button. This is displayed while we are generating your new PDF for you. Once this process is complete (usually between 5 and 30 minutes, depending on the size of your files), you will receive an email and the notification icon will also disappear from the relevant proof.
What are the choices when I'm creating a Master proof PDF?
When we build your PDF for download, we offer two choices.
- We will by default miss out any pages that don't have any markup. This means that the PDF is smaller, and that your designer doesn't waste time paging through a document that's mostly empty. However, if you need a full PDF with all pages regardless of whether they have markup on this master, choose Yes to the question "Include pages that have no markup?" before you hit the Generate button.
- We will by default include all markup from the master proof in the exported PDF. However, if you have a workflow that involves taking some changes in within Futureproofs and then working outside it, you may want to export a PDF that contains only the markup that is uncorrected at the moment. To do this, choose Yes to the question "Omit corrected markup?" before you hit the Generate button.